About Tennis Ireland & Leinster Tennis:
Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of tennis in Ireland.
Tennis Ireland was founded in 1908 and has almost 180 affiliated clubs and engages with almost 80,000 players. Tennis Ireland stages Pro Tour events including the AIG Irish Open Championships and selects teams to participate in the Billie Jean King Cup, Davis Cup and other international events at Junior, Senior and Veterans level. Tennis Ireland also supports the delivery of a wide range of competitive, educational and development programmes at local, provincial and national levels.
Leinster Tennis is the largest Branch within Tennis Ireland accounting for 81 Clubs, up to 30,000 players, and a Junior Performance Squad of almost 300 boys/girls under the age of 18. Leinster Tennis is administered by the Leinster Branch Council which is elected annually by the members of the individual Clubs in Leinster. The Council, from its members, then elects its own officers – President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
In addition to the work of the officers and its monthly meeting, the Council conducts its business through a number of sub-committees namely, Finance, Performance, Safeguarding, Competitions, Development, Seniors Tennis, Disciplinary, and Marketing. Leinster Councillors also represent their province on the various standing and ad hoc National Committees.
Leinster Tennis is currently looking for a Junior Operations Administrator to join the Leinster Branch Office at Cranford Centre, Stillorgan Road. As an Operations Administrator you will report to the Leinster Branch Operations Manager supporting the administration tasks, interacting with key stakeholders and ensuring the smooth running of the office.
This role is offered on a full-time basis initially for 37.5 hours a week and subject to review in 6 months. A level of flexibility is required for the role and some evening/weekend work could be required from time to time.
• Support on the website and Social Media channels.
• Assisting in organizing events, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements.
• Managing and updating company databases (Clubs, Players, etc).
• Answering office phone and responding to general requests and inquiries.
• Keeping track of inventory and ordering office supplies.
• Managing the maintenance of office and facility equipment.
• Providing administrative support to Leinster Branch Operations Manager or projects as needed.
• Handling basic invoicing and payments.
• Performing other administrative duties.
• Administrative experience desirable (working in tennis, sports club, gym, leisure centre, voluntary or hospitality organization being an advantage).
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management software.
• Knowledge of club databases, EPOS systems, Social Media platforms and PayPal desirable.
• Background in tennis is desirable.
• Team player with can-do attitude.
• Customer-service focused, personable and professional.
• Organised and proactive with excellent prioritisation abilities.
• Excellent and confident communicator with good written and verbal skills.
• Ability to establish good working relationships with stakeholders.
How to apply Letter of application and CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on 16th March 2022.
Please reference Junior Operations Administrator Leinster Branch application in the subject line.